Table Of Contents
Facebook Pixel is a code that serves as the link between your online store and the Facebook account of your brand, to link them and give you access to many advantages that help you in managing your store, such as data and analysis of your customers and their behavior on the website.
But how does this happen? For example, if your online store sells electronic products such as smartphones and laptops, when a list of customers purchases a mobile phone, you can target them again via Facebook ads (dynamic ads) with products related to that phone, such as a phone cover or a power bank charger.
Features Provided by Facebook Pixel
Facebook Pixel is an excellent analytical tool, providing you with a lot of important information that you need in order to understand and analyze the behavior of your customers, allowing you to re-target them or develop a targeted marketing campaign for them, which eventually helps you achieve your desired business goals.
Among the features that Facebook Pixel gives you access to are the following:
- Number of visitors to your e-commerce store
- Increasing conversion rate of your online store
- Calculating purchase size of your store and the best-selling products
- Evaluating the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- locating the pages most visited by customers
- Finding out each time a customer adds products to the cart without completing the purchase
Steps to Activate Facebook Pixel
Through Facebook and your Business Account, you can get your Facebook Pixel code and then go to your online store to place the code with a single click of a button and get access to all the data and analysis of your customers.
But first let’s get to know how to sign up for Facebook Business.
- Go to facebook.com and click on “Create Account.”
- Fill out your business info: activity name, personal name, and email.
- Your account is now ready to run your business page
- Log into Facebook, and head to “Events Manager” and choose “Connect data sources.”
- From the three options in front of you, choose “Web.”
- From the two options that show up, choose “Facebook Pixel” and then click“Connect.”
- You will now name your Facebook pixel, My Store Pixel for example, and then paste your store link in the next box as in the picture below.
- In this step, you will have to choose the manual method to activate Facebook pixel “Manually add pixel code to website.”
- You now have your Facebook Pixel code by just clicking “copy code” and hitting “continue.”
- Next, click “Turn on automatic matching” to activate what Facebook Pixel will track of customer data.
- The last step in your Facebook account is clicking “Launch event setup tool” to be ready to cooperate with your store.
- Go to your online store now, open store “Settings,” and choose “advanced settings.”
- From the drop-down menu of advanced settings, choose “custom code.” Copy the Facebook pixel code that you have saved from your Facebook Business account, and finally click on Save, so the code can now be activated.
Remember to save the code number, as you will need it later.
- Go back to the Store Settings menu again, and choose “Marketing” and then “Integrations.”
- From the “Integrations” tab, you will see all the integration options available for your store with other sites, and all you have to do is copy the pixel code to the “Pixel ID” rectangle, and toggle the “Enable” button.
- Now choose the customer data that you want the code to track and report to you; click on what you want.
- Hit “Save Now” button if you have made your choices. Thus, Facebook Pixel, which links your store and Facebook account, is activated.
Build your online store with ExpandCart to enjoy marketing consultation, 24/7 customer support,
and a full marketplace of apps & services tailored to every eCommerce business.
No credit card required and no hidden fees.